Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Right Way To Steam Bath

The Caterpillars are here!

  • Caterpillars
IMG_2847
I first models built unit, which I then cast at will. This is a very simple model of caterpillar. Rectangular, it can be easily assembled to form a uniform track 15mm wide.
IMG_2819
In this case, 24 links can assemble roughly 21cm long.

Bulk side in fast position, wheel on front
Once the caterpillars bases made, it remains for me to build a side to receive them.
IMG_2821
The caterpillars are assembled with the patafix, but once bonded, they coincide perfectly.
IMG_2824
can see by the rear flank. It will in future receive a fastening system or simply be pasted directly into a vehicle.

I then added details. I tried to do as simple as possible while having a minimal realism. The stems are black striped recovery from an old tube.
Once molded, it can then receive the caterpillars. This will allow me to vary at will the caterpillars and shapes of the sidewalls.

As this is a first test, the basic form is relatively simple. Now that I have validated the system, I can move on to more complex models.

0 comments:

Post a Comment